Oct 062008
home business
Linda asked:

I started a home based photography business this year but I have not filed any paperwork, such as DBA, LLC or sole proprietor. Can I still claim income and expenses on my taxes?


  One Response to “Can I claim expenses on my taxes on a home business that is not a licensed business?”

  1. Yes the IRS requires you to report all income – even illegal income. They do not care if you are licensed. You will need to report it on a Schedule C as a sole-proprietor.

 Leave a Reply



You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>


Forgot Password?

Join Us

Password Reset
Please enter your e-mail address. You will receive a new password via e-mail.